HCR’s interdisciplinary team collaborates to improve the quality of life at all stages of disease processes. Having a nurse on call 24 hours a day to answer questions, educate, and facilitate symptom control reduces the frequency of hospital visits and helps to ease caregiver and patient concerns.Our Palliative Care goals include:
- Empowering the patient and family to take the lead in their care.
- Educating patients and families to understand their disease process.
- Ensuring access to information and counseling regarding patient options to encourage informed decision making.
- Reducing stress and anxiety for the patient and family.
- Ensuring access to all areas of symptom and pain management needs including physical, psychological, emotional, and spiritual aspects of care.
- Providing education and support to encourage completing Advance Directives.
- Collaborating to provide a smooth transition of care across care settings.
- Providing the best quality of life possible for people facing a serious illness.
"I have had some health issues this year and have needed home care. I want you to know that the home care [I] received from HCR was exceptional. They [our home care team] were all professional, thoughtful, caring and they brightened [my] life. I can’t say enough good things about all of them.Thank you for such wonderful service."~ Betty and Ed S.