HCR’s interdisciplinary team collaborates to improve the quality of life at all stages of disease processes. Having a nurse on call 24 hours a day to answer questions, educate, and facilitate symptom control reduces the frequency of hospital visits and helps to ease caregiver and patient concerns.Our Palliative Care goals include:
- Empowering the patient and family to take the lead in their care.
- Educating patients and families to understand their disease process.
- Ensuring access to information and counseling regarding patient options to encourage informed decision making.
- Reducing stress and anxiety for the patient and family.
- Ensuring access to all areas of symptom and pain management needs including physical, psychological, emotional, and spiritual aspects of care.
- Providing education and support to encourage completing Advance Directives.
- Collaborating to provide a smooth transition of care across care settings.
- Providing the best quality of life possible for people facing a serious illness.
"I recently had an illness and had to be in the hospital for approximately 3 1/2 weeks. I had nurses from your organization come to my home to get me back on my feet. I had lost a lot of my muscle mass and stamina during my stay at hospital, plus had some medical needs. Your nurses from the North Country region are excellent! Every single one of them was great! You can take pride that you have employees like this representing your organization. Please convey my deep gratitude and appreciation for the nurses in my time of need. I think this is a great service! Thanks so much."~ Michael N.