If you or a loved one find it difficult or taxing to leave your home, due to medical or functional issues, you may qualify for home health care services under your insurance.We work in collaboration with your physician to establish a customized plan of care based on your needs.
Click here to get started with HCR services
Your local HCR specialist looks forward to working with you!
What is Home Care?
Home care encompasses a wide range of health and social services. These services are delivered at home to individuals who are recovering, disabled, or chronically ill needing medical, nursing, social, or therapeutic treatment and/or assistance with activities of daily living (such as bathing, dressing, getting out of bed, etc.)
Home Care is appropriate whenever an individual prefers to stay at home, but requires treatment and care that cannot be easily or effectively provided by family and friends.~ From National Association for Home Care & Hospice, www.nahc.org
Questions to ask Home Care Providers
- How do you train and select your home care staff?
- Are caregivers certified?
- Do you include the patient, their loved ones, and their physician in the care plan?
- What procedures are in place to handle emergencies?
- Is home care staff available 24 hours a day, seven days a week?
- Can Long Term Care Insurance be used to pay for services?
- Do all caregivers go through background checks and drug screening prior to providing care?
"It would be very remiss of me to not write and thank you from the bottom of my heart for the excellent care your nurses bestowed. They were absolutely wonderful in every sense of the word. Their cheerful smiles (must be a job requirement!), caring ways, and expertise helped to make a painful experience more bearable…Thank you again for all you did this summer, and for all you continue to do for others each and every day of the year. You truly do make a difference. We know because we were on the receiving end."~ Linda B.