Staying Super Safe in the Summer Sun
The weather is finally warming up and it’s time to enjoy all kinds of outdoor activities. However, you have to play it safe. In the United States, more than one million people are diagnosed each year with skin cancer, making it the most common form of cancer in the country. So make sure to be safe by following these sun-safety tips. When out in the sun, be sure to:
• Apply a sunscreen with a SPF of 15 or higher. Reapply often. For children, it’s recommended to use sunscreen with an SPF 30 or higher.
• Wear clothing that’s dark and tightly woven.
• Wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses.
• Keep children six months old or less out of the sun completely.
• Stay in the shade whenever possible.
Remember, it’s never a good idea to use tanning beds.
HCR Home Care wants you to be careful this summer! Practice these simple rules for optimal skin health.
Recent BlogsBeing an Occupational Therapist in the Home
Social Work Month 2013: Weaving Threads of Resilience and Advocacy -- The Power of Social Work
Top 10 Interviews Dos & Don'ts
Parkinson's Disease and Home Care
Why you Should Have a Power of Attorney